Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Holiday

So I reached work a little later than usual. I had just two hours before everyone else comes in. So I took my Soy latte went into my office and started to check my email.

I was aghast. An employee wanted an off for Holi because his sister is getting married and his dad is confined to a wheelchair and his mother is blind. Is he crazy? Is that considered an excuse big enough to take an off? Doesn’t he know that he is working for India’s leading backoffice firm? So I rejected his application. How dare he? Doesn’t he know that our client is our priority? That no matter what the client should always be served. After all our client is a Fortune 1500 company. They don’t get bigger than that. Errr. Okay. Just 1499 companies bigger than that. But that is still prestigious.

Anyways, the human resource department wants to organize a team lunch for employees. I said okay as long as the employees bring their lunch from home and it’s not on company time. They then said that the company should pay for it. I reminded them that there is nothing known as a free lunch. Geez. Who do they think we are? Burger King?

1 comment:

Mugen said...

Okay you've made your point dude. Do you know how to survive these bosses pleasee?? Because I'm very frustrated with us Indian assho** bosses.